Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Everything Must Go...

This week has been another week of learning about me. Let's start with the fun stuff.

When I was little I wanted to be a lot of things. I wanted to be a librarian, a cashier, a waitress, a clown fit to be in the circus, and most of all a teacher. This week I was able to check off the very last career I've not yet experienced. A friend of mine asked me to be a server/waitress for a wedding. I didn't want to seem awkward and weird, which is my norm, so I accepted his invitation calm, cool, and collected however my insides were jumping up and down! I'm so glad that my waitress career was so short lived because when I got home my feet were hurting so bad. All in all I enjoyed the night! Not to mention I'm going to the UniverSoul Circus tonight and I could not be any happier because I wanted to join the circus in lieu of going to college. Actually, I could be happier if we were already in the UAE! 😄

Now on to my weekly lesson. I've lived in my current home for the last 9 years and I've accumulated a lot of "stuff". 2 cars, televisions, fabric, clothes everywhere, closet full of shoes, just lots of stuff. I've been inventorying my home and I am appalled at the amount of "junk"that I have. I have taken so much to my Saturday Dance Class students every week. It brought joy to my heart to see that they were so excited to receive what I was considering junk. They would not let their "new" items out of their sight while we danced. This also helped them cope with the fact that they will be getting a new teacher very soon.

Even though I have brought 2 full car loads to them it feels like I have not even made a dent in getting rid of our stuff. We tried to have a Yard Sale but we think the weather derailed our plan because no one showed up. Our next step is going to host an Estate Sale. We are going to open our doors and sell everything that needs to go.

This week I sold my first car, my dream car, the first car I bought with my own money. It was a bittersweet moment but it was great to see it go as I am in the decluttering frame of mind.

The actual lesson is: Don't live in Clutter. This move is requiring us to declutter our lives and only live with the necessities. So, take my advice start decluttering your life! There is no need to keep stuff you're never going to use or need. I don't want to see you on "Hoarders:Buried Alive." We have divided our rooms into 3 categories: trash, keep, sell. Anything we don't sell we intend to give to Crisis Assistance Ministry.

If you are reading this because you plan to move to the UAE or move anywhere other than your home country I would like to suggest that you begin getting rid of the things you don't want to take with you. Start now. Do a little bit at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed.

PS. I am still waiting to hear back from my ProEx contact about my document authentication process. I am still in the 2 week, 14 day expectancy so I'm not too worried. Patience!

Be Kind to One Another and Be Uniquely You!

No comments:

Post a Comment