Monday, May 29, 2017

Making Memories

These last few weeks have been filled with making memories with families and friends.

Memory 1:

The graduate and I
I consider my oldest niece my baby, my sidekick (when she was younger), that's just my girl! We share a middle name so I feel connected to her. She enrolled in a program where instead of attending a regular school for her junior and senior year of high school she instead took college courses AND high school courses concurrently. It added a year on to her high school completion date but but once she finished she would earn a High School Diploma AND an Associates Degree all for FREE! Needless to say I was super proud of her and could not stop smiling on the inside. The next day at work I bragged on her like a proud parent showing everyone her graduation pictures. She did all of that while maintaining a part time job and being on the Dean's list. I'd love to be like her when I grow up! For her graduation gift I gave her a card that contained a gift certificate for a trip to Abu Dhabi whenever she was ready. I can't wait for her to come visit me. She's grown up so much and I know my Mom would be proud of her because she was my Mom's baby!

The graduate at age 11
The graduate around age 14


The graduate and my Dad, her Papa
The graduate and her younger sister, Kayla,
who is my personality twin

Memory 2:


I love to dance. When I was younger I said I wanted to own my own dance company and teach others how to dance. In light of my departure I agreed to dance with my remaining class when they dance at their church on the 4th Sundays. I love Tye Tribbett so I felt inspired to do one of his latest songs "Work It Out". If you didn't know any better you'd think that song was of the secular nature. 😀  We had nice Janet Jackson inspired tops and the choreography was not that bad. I love these young ladies and their energy, love for me, and love for the Lord. I had an awesome time dancing and you couldn't tell us that we were not on stage with Tye at that moment. I have 3 more practices with them and I'll dance with them one more time in June. There will definitely be a blog post for that because I'm sure that will be an emotional day for us all!




Memory 3:


As I stated in an earlier post, (click here to see that post) my friends and I have started working out together. They are doing WAY better than me because they are sticking to the meal plan. I struggle with that part because, well, the only way to put it is, I just like to eat. I have decided when school is out I am going to regulate my eating habits because I CANNOT be in the hot sun carrying around all of this extra weight.

Anywho, for one of my friend's birthday's she decided she wanted to climb Crowder's Mountain. I am not an outdoorsy type. I did not play outside when I was little. I go outside to get in the car and then again to go INTO my desired location. I did agree to go and I have to say I arrived prepared. My little brother bought me a camel back so that was filled with water so I could hydrate and they told me to bring snacks so I did. Once we started walking I was ok with it because it seemed rather easy. At one part of the trail there is a curve and that was the turning point. At that point we had to walk over rocks and the path itself became steep, unsteady, and filled with rocks. There were a few times I thought about stopping and then meeting them on the way back down because I did not want to fall way out in the woods. I persevered and continued to the top and the feeling at that top was worth stepping outside of my comfort zone. I felt so accomplished and the view was breathtaking! All in all I had a great time because I tried something new and because I got to spend time with my friends of 15 years!









 




No comments:

Post a Comment