Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Green Smoothie Detox Journey Part 2

Day 8: 

Today I woke up and was excited that I was halfway through with this detox. I drank my tea, made my smoothies and read my devotional for today. Today was great because it talked about powerful positive affirmation. Pretty much speaking things into existence!

I will lose the weight.
I am a conqueror.
I can finish this detox without cheating.

I am honestly ready to be done with this. I want a nice hot meal! 

Today at work a colleague of mine said she could see a difference in my face. I have to admit that I was quite pleased. 

Temptation is still around me. Look what was sent to my phone!


No real revelations to share today just ready for Sunday!




Day 9:

If I'm being sincere, today was very hard. My devotional was about the power of our tongue and controlling what we say and our thoughts that are behind what we say. I told myself this morning that I can do this and that I will lose weight as a way to control my thoughts. Well as the day progressed I found myself doubting me. Could I do this? Was I crazy for even trying this? Was I really losing weight. I was just so discouraged! 

I got home and did an in house workout. 

I talked to Mike about how discouraged I felt. I told him I was going to pray an ask God if he really wanted me to do 14 days instead of 10 or 12. 

I check the mirror every morning trying to look for change. After I talked to Mike, I asked him if he could see a change and I asked him to be honest. At first he was like ehhhh I don't know. Then he said you look like Janelle to me I don't know. So, I looked in the mirror for myself and snapped a picture. Tell me what do you think?



Day 10:

I made it! I did 10 days without cheating! I am soooo proud of myself. If I would not have committed to 14 days today would be my last day! Today I didn't feel discouraged at all. I kept thinking about what I wanted my end result to be.

Today's smoothie wasn't all that great but as usual I drank it. Once I got home I went directly to do my walk/jog.

With 4 more days to go I just keep thinking about how this is 1 step towards my healthy lifestyle goal. I am determined that this won't be a fad and just something that I tried and did well with it. I want to continue losing weight and toning up my body as well. I'm excited and still as enthused about this journey as I was on Day 1.

Day 11:

Today I started my day as I've done the last 10 days with a devotional. Today's devotional was about not reverting back to old habits. I am so determined to keep on pressing! 

Today there was heavy fog so I didn't go to school at the regular time. I was able to relax, reflect, and catch up on a show I was behind on. I drank my smoothie and water at work like I always do.

Once I got home my body began to talk to me. I hadn't experienced any symptoms as of yet but today when I got home I was quite nauseous. I wasn't sure if it was my body saying we get it now feed us because I haven't been drinking the 3rd smoothie in its entirety because I wasn't hungry or just my mind playing tricks on me. I prayed about it and spoke to God about my thoughts and feelings. I talked to my husbando about my thoughts and feelings. I decided that maybe if I busied myself my nausea would subside. I decided to make the Fat Flush soup I had been looking forward to enjoying. It is said to be a great way to break this smoothie detox. It smelled wonderful as it cooked. Here's the recipe:



Today I broke my cleanse. I ate! I am not disappointed in this because I know for a fact I went longer than even I expected. I know I will continue to lead a healthy lifestyle.  I might jump back in tomorrow and finish off these last days depending on what my body says when I get home.

Day 12:

I started the day off the same way even though I ate yesterday. I got to work tasted my smoothie and quickly realized it wasn't blended well at all! So, I could not even drink it all. I did my very best. I did drink my water and that made me happy.

Once I got home I warmed up some of my fat flush soup. I added a few seasonings and I just knew it was going to be soooo good. I went to move the bowl to the bar where I was going to eat and 

SPLAT!

All of my soup hit the floor. I was devastated but good thing I had more in the fridge. So I put that in a pot (we don't have a microwave) tried to redo the same seasonings and sat it on our bar and enjoyed the soup. Those extra seasonings made it so good! I still feel really good! 




I had to change my monthly menu up since I'm having my fat flush soup now but it will still consist of clean and healthy meals.

Day 13:

 Bring on the weekend! I am so happy that it's the weekend. Today I woke up and since it's Friday that means no work! 

I got up and did a workout using some exercises I have pinned on Pinterest. After my workout I showered and got dressed. Mike was up by the time I got out of the shower. I told him I was going to the store and wanted to be there by 10 to beat the crowd. The stores are always crowded but on Friday mornings it's not so bad. So, I told him I wanted to leave around 9:00-9:15 so I could get to the store by 10. As he was getting ready I made my detox tea, made my smoothie, washed the dishes and took time for my devotional. Yeah, I woke up with a lot of energy which is how I had been feeling for the last few days.

We got to the store and I drank my smoothie as we shopped. I got everything on my list and I was able to shop without having to fight crowds. Felt so good!

We got home and we put up groceries and I tried my hand at trying to recreate Joe's Crab Shack Crazy Crab Dip. It came out pretty good! I love to cook and this meal prepping is reigniting that fire!



After enjoying the dip I watched a little tv and just relaxed. I won't eat again until dinner. For dinner I plan on having more fat flush soup! Feeling good staying on track!


Day 14:

Today was a very lazy day! I woke up with a little scratch in my throat so I took it easy. I did eat the rest of my fat flush soup and it was still so delicious!!!!!! I also took some medicine.

As I reflect on these last few weeks I realize that I can do this. I can lead a different lifestyle and be successful. I am committed to this and I know I can do it. I had the support of friends and family and that made so much of a difference. I will continue to drink smoothies for breakfast and lunch and then eat a clean dinner because I lost a total of 7KG which is like 15 pounds. Talk about motivation!

I will continue to do daily devotionals because that really helped me throughout the day! 

So, I encourage you if there is something in your life that you aren't happy with, take charge and change it! Don't wait! 

So until the next time be kind to one another and Be Uniquely You!

No comments:

Post a Comment