Saturday, March 31, 2018

Spring Break 2018

8 months have gone by and Spring Break is here! Most of my colleagues and friends have planned to travel for Spring Break. Mike and I have gone back and forth about what to do and where to go. We decided since the weather was nice and there is SO much to do here we decided to do a Staycation. Yep, that's right we are going to relax and enjoy some of the things that the UAE has to offer.

One place we decided to go to was IMG World.



IMG World is the world's largest indoor theme park.



That's right all of the rides are inside and it was great. They had an offer where you buy admission tickets and with each ticket you get a meal voucher and a gift certificate to the Marvel Movie that comes out in April. After reading the fine print I realized that we can use it for any movie but we are going to use it for the Marvel movie.


IMG World had many different themed areas. There was Marvel, The Lost World, Cartoon Network, and IMG Boulevard. Each area had roller coasters, restaurants, and souvenir shops. My favorite ride was in The Lost World and it was called the Velociraptor. The path to get to the ride is all inside. The ride itself starts inside. It comes to a full and complete stop, while you're waiting you see that the ride itself is actually outside, and then it shoots up a huge hill which you can see upon arrival to IMG World. This ride had hills, loops, and speed; my kind of ride. You can experience the ride for yourself thanks to a youtube video I found.






 IMG World is in Dubai so we stayed the night in Dubai and just relaxed. We had earned a free night with a Marriott property so we decided to use it. If you're wondering about how we got a free night wonder no more I'll tell you, rewards points. Before we were dating or married Mike was a part of every rewards program known to man. I suggested we focus on a few so we'll be able to get points and attain all of the benefits. As far as hotel chains are concerned we mainly stay at Marriotts and IHG properties. IHG properties are Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, Crowne Plaza and that's just a few. Marriott also offers rewards if you book excursions with them too. That program is called Marriott Moments. If you read the blog about our first visitor the trip to the desert she and I took was booked through Marriott Moments. Read that blog by clicking here.

If you want to join Marriott or IHG you can click either picture below. We don't get anything if you join. I'm just trying to help you save money.



During Spring Break we ventured to a Fruits and Vegetable Market. I've been doing smoothies regularly and during a regular week I go through about 8-10 packs of spinach. 1 pack of spinach in the store can be between 9-13 dirhams. So, you do the math. When someone mentioned to Mike how cheap it was at this market we put it on our list of things to do. It is located right by Port Zayed so we were able to see yachts and cruise ships which made us look into taking a cruise that leaves from Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

The market was crowded with many vendors. I was able to get enough spinach for Mike and I both to do smoothies for a week. That's right Mike is going to join me on my next cleanse which actually starts tomorrow, April 1. Anywho the spinach only cost me 8 dirhams. 8 dirhams is like 2.18USD. Color me happy! I wish I would have taken pictures but I was so happy I forgot. I will definitely be going back so look for pictures in a future blog. Below is a picture I found on google.


Other than just hang out at the house and have dinner with friends my Spring Break was relaxing. During this week we did plan out an epic summer that I'm so ready for!

Be Kind to one another and Be Uniquely You! Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment