Saturday, July 22, 2017

Adventure #1

Oh my where do I begin!

Our first adventure was to YAS Mall. YAS Mall is on YAS Island and it is HUGE!


As we arrived at YAS Mall, immediately to our left was IKEA.


We were with other couples so we decided to eat first. The mall was so big we had to ask for directions a few times. We arrived at the food court and the options were overwhelming. Mike and I decided we'd try a different place every time we went to the mall. We all decided to eat at Texas Roadhouse. The decor was exactly what we know from back home but the food was exquisite! It tasted so fresh!


  



Once we left the mall we decided to walk around. Every store imaginable was in this mall. MAC, H&M, Victoria's Secret, etc. One couple needed to get SIM cards so we walked to Etisalat. As we were walking we passed a costume store. I had to send a picture to my little brother and my older cousin. My little brother has always loved costumes and my older cousin's son is just like my little brother, lover of costumes. Once I sent pictures my little brother requested a Red Power Ranger suit in Large and my cousin said she was going to start packing.


We had read about there being something like a Wal-Mart in this mall and we found it. It's called Carrefour and they have appliances, televisions, clothes, fresh fish, fresh meat, etc all in once place. I think I'll be visiting Carrefour again.


 











Since we do not yet have a car we had to take a taxi back to the hotel. At the bottom level of the mall is the taxi line. All of the taxis are lined up and you just walk up to the taxi and get in. We had to watch others to see how this works. No number to call and no need to wave your hand. As we were driving back I was able to capture the mosque lit up in blue. It was gorgeous and I can't wait go see it in person.


















We got back to the hotel but we were not very tired. Jet lag is real. I forced myself to go to sleep but Mike stayed up and ventured off to look at the pool and take an early morning swim.












No comments:

Post a Comment