Sunday, July 2, 2017

Vacay before the 3 year Vacay

We've not been on a vacation together since 2014. We've both done small trips separately but nothing together and we were itching to get away. I found a great deal for a cruise to the Bahamas back in April and I decided we were going to go the last week of June.

I planned it all out. We flew on Allegiant Air on a Tuesday and we boarded the cruise ship on Wednesday.



This cruise was a 3 day, 2 night cruise to the Bahamas. Neither of
us had been on a cruise before so we thought taking a short cruise would be good for both of us. We boarded the ship not knowing what to expect but we were so happy with all the cruise had to offer not to mention all of the food was included. We spent our first night walking around the ship and enjoying our room.

The 2nd day we spent most of the day lounging on the deck and in and out of the jacuzzi. My husband loves to swim and he was in his own happy world. He called me a Southern Belle in the Bahamas because of my hat. 😃

 

 


The next night we went to a show. I would have loved to be part of the entertainment for a cruise ship. It was a 90's Pop Music Review. They did a small tribute to Madonna and Michael Jackson. The MC was a comic who was supposedly well known but neither of us knew who he was. There was also an act from Cirque de Soleil as well as an illusionist who did a few tricks that blew our minds.



We decided to go to one of the nice restaurants for our last night and the food was delicious. We got all dressed up and after dinner and the show we walked around the ship and enjoyed the view. Once we got to the top I insisted on a mini photo shoot against my husband's wishes.




 

I truly enjoyed our vacation and I am looking forward to all of the vacations we'll plan in the future.

Once we got back, I attended my Dad's side of the family Family Reunion. Even though it was going to be outside I decided to go because I know that I'd miss at least the next 3 that they have. It was great seeing everyone and many of them said they were going to come visit me in Abu Dhabi. I told them to call me once they got there and I'd show them around. The pictures below are of the final 3 children of my Grandmother, my Dad's Mom. My Dad is on the far right.













In moving news some of my new colleagues have begun getting their "Golden Tickets" and they will be leaving on July 19. There is a possibility that mine will come too and we'll be leaving with them. If that is the case let the good times roll.

This coming Saturday is my final Going Away Party/Dinner and I am looking forward to it. I know it's going to be one emotional day. A week or so after we close on selling our home. I'm going to detail the selling of our home in a post once the sale is final.

"Be Kind to One Another" and "Be Uniquely You!"



No comments:

Post a Comment