Monday, August 21, 2017

Emirates ID

This post is for people considering joining ADEC.

As you are reading please be mindful that things change ALL THE TIME. You must do what works for your situation.

ADEC took us to get our Emirates ID application started. I talked about that process in a previous blog. What I didn't mention was the process to checking on your Emirates ID. The application they give you after you finish your Emirates ID is what you'll need to safeguard! You will need that application number to check your status. Your Emirates ID is linked to everything. Everywhere you go, you'll be asked for your Emirates ID. What they don't tell you is that it is up to you to check on the process. Here are the easy steps I used to check on the process and get my Emirates ID. Again things change all the time so do what is best for you.

I started checking my status on the Emirates ID website. Click here to be taken to the website. Once there you put your application number under: Search for application by.

Once you do this you'll see the updates of your Emirates ID. Once your status changes to EID has been printed you can then track it via the Emirates Post Office and you can click here for that site. The box that says please input mail id is where you'll put that application number. See I told you that you'd need it!

After you put that in you'll be able to see exactly where your Emirates ID is. As soon as you see that it is in Abu Dhabi you should call 600599999 and they will tell you if it's ready to be picked up. I picked mine up from the Central Post Office in Abu Dhabi. A friend of mine went to the wrong location so verify where it is before you go. Abu Dhabi does not use exact addresses so the Empost I went to was beside the Madinet Zayad Shopping Center. I went before 2:00pm and I was told it would be ready after 2:00pm and it actually was.

Once I received my Emirates ID, I updated my Mobile Account so the SIM could be changed to resident rather than tourist, Car Rental Agreement, Bank Account info, and uploaded it to the ADEC ERP website which I will not even speak about because I heard the process I had to go through to upload it has changed and I do not want to give out false information!

There you have it. All the steps to track and trace your Emirates ID.


No comments:

Post a Comment