Monday, August 14, 2017

Thankful

We've been in the UAE a little less than a month. We are extremely grateful for every experience we've encountered thus far. When we are riding back to our tower we see the tower from the street and we are immediately humbled.



We knew God would provide but we are honestly living a resort style life! This post is about some of the experiences we've had the pleasure to enjoy.


Customer Service - One thing that is big here is customer service. On our last night in our hotel, after we had been out running errands, here is what we came back to the room to see.

Note from our housekeeper - wishing us well and inviting us back

The hotel where we stayed had a Seafood Buffet on Thursday and Mike is a lover of good seafood so he made sure we visited once. Our waiter was so great! He explained everything to us. Once we sat down he said he would get our lobster prepared for us right away. I was a little bit clueless because we didn't ask about lobster but I went along with it. Here's what he was talking about. The lobster is prepared by the chef on the spot right outside. Mike was ecstatic about this.


I didn't get a picture of me being able to choose my own piece of fresh fish and have the chef prepare it how I like. I chose a piece and got it fried and it was so delicious. I love fried fish! Below is the before and after.

Before
After

Friends - When we left the Queen City we had several friends we hung out with. Some couples, some singles, line brothers, frat brothers, masonic brothers, dance sisters, you name it. We knew we'd make friends in the UAE but we had no idea how quick it would be. We were invited to go out to dinner and bowling with 3 other couples.

We all met at Marina Mall. As we pulled up to Marina Mall we were amazed by what we saw. There was a ferris wheel right in front of this mall!




Once we were inside, this mall did not disappoint. There was a bounce space very similar to Defy Gravity INSIDE THE MALL. I was looking to see if any adults were jumping but Mike told me he'd bring me back so I could jump. When my friends come I know one thing that's going to be on our itinerary.


Once we were all present and accounted for we walked around to try and find dinner. There were soooo many places to eat ranging from fast food to sit down restaurants. As we walked we decided on Joe's Crab Shack. If we were back home a party of 8 would have to wait at least 2 hours. We got to the podium and as we walked in they put enough tables together and we were seated! We talked and laughed. 2 of the couples had only been married a matter of months. The other couple had been married 3 years and then there was us, married for 6 years. It is very rare that when we're out with friends we have the longest marriage. We also found out that I had been in education the longest and that Mike was the oldest. Nevertheless we all bonded and all of those details did not matter because it felt like we had been hanging for years! One thing people told us before we came was to make sure we befriended people who are in the same boat as us and now we can check that off of our to-do list.



After eating we went down 2 floors to the Bowling Alley but it was more than a bowling alley. There was an area for soccer, ping pong, archery, basketball and probably more that we didn't see. When my nieces and nephew come I'll definitely bring them here. I requested the bumpers be put up but everyone laughed at me but I was very serious. When I go bowling I use the bumpers but I decided to compromise. LOL! 😝😆 We bowled one game and even though I didn't break 100 (no bumpers) I didn't do too bad.





Our Amenities - As I've said in previous posts, our tower has 2 pools. I am not much of a swimmer actually I don't swim at all but I do like the water. Mike is a swimmer and he loves the water. We decided to spend part of an afternoon lounging by the pool and scoping out the fitness center. I had planned to start back working out at the beginning of the week. I need to make it part of my routine now so that when school starts, working out will be second nature. Everything fitness is on floor 5 and this includes the pools.






Our bedroom has a view of the pool so I see some very interesting things on a regular. Yep, your eyes are not deceiving you. That little boy is IN A BOAT IN THE POOL!




Once I saw that I went to Souq which is like Amazon and I added this to my cart!



Proximity - We can walk to a grocery store, food court, local bank branch, nail shop, starbucks and so much more.  Click here to see the view.

Click here to join us on the walk from the Boutik back to our flat. When the camera is on the floor we are passing people. People cannot be recorded or photographed without their consent.

We are thankful for the life we are living. We are looking forward to all that is come to us. Be Kind to one Another and Be Uniquely You!

No comments:

Post a Comment