Sunday, September 17, 2017

Not an Artist

After being back in the classroom for a week I definitely needed an activity to do. My hobbies have been reduced to watching tv and cooking. So, an event out was definitely needed.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine and I decided to register for the Sip and Paint UAE. I've always wanted to go to one back home but could never manage to get to one. When this one came up I signed up immediately.

It was hosted at a Margarita Bar with Tex Mex food. YUM! I love a good nacho and taco. Plus, I'm missing Moe's Southwest Grill! The grill was inside of the Grand Millennium Hotel which is right beside by Al Wahda Mall. (Valet parking was free.)

We had the option to paint the mosque at night or in the daytime. I chose the night time view. I thought it was going to be like paint by number. Nope! So wrong! We had to paint free hand. I like to think I'm artsy but my artistic IQ is mainly in music and movement (dance). I didn't like art in school because I don't think I can draw and as you'll see my self assessment is right on point. I got home and Mike asked if it was silverware! #EpicFail

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the food, drinks, and being out of the house!

 

My mosque....#NoJudgement
ADEC Hopefuls - find friends and get out of the house and mingle! These people are now your family so get out and hang out! I have the advantage of having my husband here but still I'm trying to venture out and meet friends. You can compare experiences and they are great to vent to because they understand what you're going through! 



No comments:

Post a Comment