Friday, September 29, 2017

Our first brunch

Brunch is a big activity here. Hotels and restaurants are always advertising their brunches. One of my coworkers told me about the Sheraton brunch so Mike and I went on Friday. This brunch was Fridays only. It was at Flavours at the Sheraton on the Corniche in Abu Dhabi. We had no idea to what to expect but we were delightfully surprised.

We were seated and then our waitress came and took our drink orders. We opted for the wine and dine package which is 215AED. That's for unlimited beverages, alcohol or otherwise and unlimited food.

We got to the food area and were overwhelmed. There was so much food and so many options. There was a salad station, seafood station, soup station, bread station, tex mex station, carving station, grilling station, dessert station, and beverage station. Needless to say we were happy with our first brunch.

The station that impressed me the most was the grilling station. The food is uncooked and they grill whatever you want at the moment you give it to them. They had 4 different kinds of fish, calamari, chicken, steak, vegetables, food for skewers just so much. So, you put whatever you want them to grill on the plate and in about 15 minutes it's ready! I went to this station twice! The first time I had marinated steak and chicken with bell peppers and red peppers. The 2nd time I had fish. The fish was too fishy for me but I bet if it was fried I would've enjoyed it more! We ate until our heart's content. While we ate we enjoyed the live music. Our waitress kept taking our used plates and she made sure our drinks stayed full. Even though these pictures are great they definitely won't do this brunch justice. I would definitely suggest this brunch to anyone looking for a nice brunch.
Click here for a snippet of the live music.
Click here to see all of the food options.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment