Sunday, February 26, 2017

In the meantime Part I

One thing is for sure, moving to another country is very adventurous but the process to getting there is quite lengthy. While waiting for my "Golden ticket" (my departure plane ticket and itinerary) I have decided to make lasting memories with my family and friends.

This post is about the memories I have made with some friends this past week.

2 of my closest friends and I have started working out every Tuesday. One of them is a workout enthusiast and she trains others. As soon as she publishes her blog, I will provide the link. I hope she reads this and it puts a little fire under her to publish her blog. 😀  She has not only lost weight but maintained the weight loss. She definitely is an inspiration and her body is a true testament that if you stick with your plan and are disciplined you can attain all of your body weight goals. Needless to say I'm super proud to call her a close friend.

While I'm talking about my friends that I'm making memories with, my other close friend is a Super Mom. If I wanted to be a Mom, I'd definitely want to be like her but since I don't want to be a Mom I'll tell you about her in hopes it inspires you to be a better parent. She has 2 girls and they are so articulate and well mannered. One is school age while the other is preschool age. Instead of sending her to a daycare or letting her just play all day at home she works with her preschool age daughter. Her daughter is reading sight words, goes to gymnastics, does school work and unlike many kids who stay at home with a parent she is social. Yeah, I think my friend is awesome and I'm so proud of her!

Well this past weekend was the CIAA Tournament. That's where all of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association (CIAA) converge onto Charlotte for a basketball tournament. Usually I'd be with my friends that I just bragged about but I decided to spend time with another friend who I just recently became close to. She and I work together and she is super smart and knowledgeable. In my mind she has it all together and I am so happy and honored she accepted my friend request in real life. I hope she knows how great she is and I believe there is nothing but greatness in her future!

Anyway, she invited me to a day party with her friends and I decided to go. Well, I had an awesome time. We danced, we laughed, we danced some more and laughed some more and it was a great night!

I am so excited about making these memories. The last memory I'll share is this. I have 2 AMAZING Dance Sisters. These ladies have helped me to shape my dance company - Unique Performing Arts Christian Company. They have had my back as I have tried to build and grow a Christian Dance Company. One of them has decided to create her own business. Once she has everything up and running I'll post a link, hint...hint. 😉  Well, I am hiring her to plan my going away party so we met after my dance class to talk logistics and we Skype called my other dance sister who wasn't in town. Even though we are Dance Sisters she was so professional and heard all of my wants and ensured me she'd take care of everything. She is ambitious and I want nothing but the best for her and her business endeavors. She doesn't know this but I guess she'll know now but she inspires me to be a better businesswoman. She pushes me and I appreciate that because we all can use a push every now and then.

As I said we Skype called my other Dance Sister because she is my Right Hand however she considers me her Left Hand. I don't understand that but there is a lot about her I don't understand. 😜  I digress. She has faced so many obstacles and she continues to strive to Be Great. Even though I am older than she is, I look up to her because the confidence that she exudes is amazing.

So, I challenge each and every one of you to make memories with those you love. You may not be moving 7375 miles away but your next day is not promised. You don't have to spend money and be out in the streets. Skype call or take a walk but make lasting memories that you can cherish as long as you live.

Please believe that I will be sharing the lasting memories I make before I leave the USA.

Enjoy the pics!

Remember...Be Uniquely You and Please Be Kind to One Another!




No comments:

Post a Comment