Monday, February 6, 2017

Once Upon a Time...

Where do I begin?

Well I am currently in education. I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was 3. I taught for 4 years and was promoted twice and all of this happened at the same school. That's right, 9 years at the SAME SCHOOL. I absolutely love my school but I feel like it's time for a change and a challenge.

Fast forward to January 2017. I decided I wanted to take my talents abroad, specifically the UAE. I have always wanted to teach abroad and through Facebook I am able to see that some of my former colleagues and friends from high school are doing exactly what I want to do so I said to myself, "Self, reach out to your friend and ask about the process." My friend was so excited to help and she was great with information. She sent me the name of her recruiter and I reached out to him and within an hour he asked for my resume. The ball was now rolling. I sent my resume and then I heard nothing. Was I not good enough? Had I been out of the actual classroom too long? So, I reached back out to him just to say I was checking in. He emailed me back and said, "Call me as soon as you wake up because of the time difference." He also sent me an email with paperwork that needed to be completed in 48 hours! (My friend was so great she had already sent me a lot of it and I had worked on it in anticipation and expectation that he would send me the paperwork.) He called and asked me why do I want to go to the UAE, he verified my experience, and then told me that I'd be a good fit for a new IB project. He also explained the teaching package and all of the benefits. If I wasn't sold before I sent the first email I was definitely gung-ho now!

I sent back all of the paperwork and he sent me an Excel Spreadsheet called a Masterloader to complete directly after that. He then sent me the interview date and location that he spoke about on our initial call. Thank Goodness I don't have to travel as it is my current city, Charlotte, NC.

So, here I am waiting for my interview date. And from what I have heard there will be a lot of waiting to come but I'm okay with that because I'm Unique and I'm ready for a challenge and I know my process will be unique to me and I am okay with that. Thanks for reading and remember it's okay to Be Uniquely You! See you after the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment